Thursday, March 18, 2010

GETTING STARTED

Hi. That's my usual greeting so that's how I'm starting this blog.

About 8 years ago I had another start, it started this journey I'm on to improve my health. I had been getting sicker and sicker for many years, and I wasn't sure what was wrong with me. It turned out that I had fibromyalgia among other things. I was also overweight and not taking care of myself at all.

The first thing I decided to do was to lose all my extra weight. I didn't know then what I know now so I just did the typical dieting, with cutting down portion sizes, counting calories, and limiting deserts to organic vanilla yogurt. It took me about 1 1/2 years, but I lost over 100 lbs. Unfortunately, I didn't have the knowledge I have now so I did it with sheer will power, and I can remember many days with hunger pains and going to bed hungry.

Since I was on a journey I started educating myself and learned much during that year and a half, and with my knowledge and perseverance I have kept the weight off all these years. That's not all though, I have learned and incorporated many things into my daily life that has changed my life and has me on this road to health. I'm not totally there yet, but I am much much better then when I first started. That brings me back to the title of my first post, "Getting Started". Getting started is the hardest thing of all, trust me. If you want to do something just take the first step, even if you think you won't continue, just take the first step. It only has to be one small step and it doesn't have to be perfect or even correct. Just take it.

I'm taking my own advice and starting this blog. I'm very computer illiterate, and not able to set up a website, so I'm doing a blog. You see, I used to be a teacher, before I got sick, and a nurse, so I really want to pass on what I've learned. It's the teacher in me, but I'm still a student too, as on a daily basis I research and test out many things. I'm my own guinea pig, as many things have worked beautifully, but a few have failed. As a nurse, I worked in the Alternative Medicine field for over seven years, but most of what I've learned I acquired after I left nursing and was sick myself.

Lastly, I'll be blogging on how I managed all these years to survive on a meager income since I can't work any more, I have become a minor expert on frugality, lol.

I hope many of you will return frequently to check out my posts, and let me know what you think. My goal, my wish, is for us all to become healthy, wealthy and wise.

Good health and wealth,

Jeanne

No comments:

Post a Comment