Wednesday, July 12, 2017

GET ALL DAMAGING CHEMICALS OUT OF YOUR LIFE ONCE AND FOR ALL. A SIMPLE HOMEMADE YET EFFECTIVE SAFE LAUNDRY DETERGENT.


Hi, the title says it all.  It is very important, not only for your personal health, but for the environment, and the world in general.  Every time you send the chemicals you use into the ground, air, or sewer system you are adding to the chemical pollution that is causing so many problems, for so many people.

In that vein, many people are searching for a safe natural laundry detergent.  When I started out many years ago using safe products, I used a commercial "natural" laundry detergent, and while it was much better than the typical commercial products, I found after a while I was really looking for something better.  I tried soap nuts which are a good choice, but then I settled on making my own.

So many of the natural safe laundry products that you make yourself can get quite complicated, but I always like to keep things simple.  So I thought I would share with you what I use, because it can't get any more natural, and safe, and it is the simplest easiest solution I think you can use.  The other thing is it really works, at least it does for me.

When I first tried this recipe the thing that struck me the most, besides that it worked, is that my clothes came out smelling so fresh and clean.  I mean really fresh, not smelling like some fake added fragrance that some commercials try to fool everyone with.  I think the baking soda was probably responsible for that.

Here's my simple recipe, and you probably already have the ingredients in your home, and don't have to go searching for something you're not very familiar with.

This recipe is for an average size load.  If you have an extra large capacity washing machine you may want to add more, and if you have a HE washer you may want to add less.  Just adjust the amounts to your situation.

* 1/4 cup of Dr. Bronner's Liquid Castile Soap.  I use the unscented, but you can use whichever scent you like the best, because the only fragrance they use is natural pure essential oils.

* 1/4 cup Baking Soda.  Yep, plain old baking soda--almost any brand will do.  It not only helps clean, but really freshens too.

That's it for the wash.

For the rinse cycle:

* 1 cup Plain White Vinegar.  Vinegar works for so many cleaning projects, and though the clothes will have a slightly vinegar smell while wet, after they dry there will no longer be any smell of vinegar.  They will just be fresh smelling.  I buy it in the 2 gallon jug which is the cheapest, and the jug is great for storing water afterwards for your important prepping supplies.  And since storing water for an emergency is the most important, we can only live about 3 days without any water, it's an added benefit that you don't have to pay for the containers.  Simply fill the empty vinegar jug from your faucet, and replace about every six months.  If you can't do that at least you will have water to use if the time comes, and you can disinfect, and filter it then.

Start with the above measurements, and simply adjust them to suit your washing machine, and what works best for you.  You might want to add more liquid soap, and/or more baking soda.  The cup of vinegar should work for most though.

What I do is use a little liquid soap on a toothbrush to scrub out stains that need a little extra attention, before putting them in the machine, then I stir the rest of the liquid soap into a cup of water before adding it to dispense it, and then I stir the baking soda in a cup of water to dissolve it first before putting it into the wash.  That's what I do, but you can do whatever works best for you. Simple, right?

One additional side benefit is that I found it to be cheaper than most commercial laundry detergents. Cha-ching.

My wish is that if you've never tried natural chemical free products before, this will be the start of you replacing all those chemical laden products, both cleaning, and for personal care, with natural, simple, yet effective, healthier products.  Help take care of not only yourself, and your family, but the world too.  Please share this recipe with everyone you know.

Good Health, and Wealth.

No comments:

Post a Comment